#SweetMaryKane Federal Criminal

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Translucent

I can't be the only one with Alopecia Universalis that is also constantly pestered with pain. I didn't have the pain at first. Or maybe I did (I read that auto immune disorders also come with a good amount of pain tolerance) and just didn't notice as much before. Either way the intensity and consistency of the pain around my joints as well as the frequency and pain level of muscle spasms.

My symptoms fit that of a fibromyalgia and seem to improve with proper diet, regular exercise, and restful nights. Should I go to the doctor? Why the devil would I do a thing like that at this point in the game? I did not go to a doctor to give birth, twice, nor a hospital. I've rejected treatment/medication recommendations over and over based on the long list of side effects not worth the risk. 

It gets exhausting, some days more than others, keeping up a happy appearance while my brain is pestering my with pain signals. Put those on the low priority list! Agreed. Smiling usually does the trick. Gratitude. And of course, Cannabis. Cannabis as I use it currently works to alleviate the nagging joint aches and muscle spasms throughout the day. Of course I have to stop to smoke it several times a day. Or I can commit to an edible which will last me most of the day. And then there is that pesky little bugger, tolerance. Up, up, up goes my tolerance and up, up, up goes my medicine bill. Go off for a week, work out hard, drink lots of water, you're tolerance will drop. Are you crazy!? Guess I'm going to have to build up the courage. 

I really appreciate Cannabis for what it does do for me, still I find myself asking if it can do more. Can it 'fix' this problem of mine? Can it reverse, switch off, counter out autoimmunity? Could I wake up not stiff, sore, irritated, and desperate for a dose of Cannabinoids? You realize you'd have to make your own RSO? Trust no one says Rick Simpson himself. He also said, "Turn to mother nature if you want to see healing power - that's where you're going to see it." We're not talking about cancer its risky, expensive, and unpredictable. Research, I've got to do a better job of digging through what little research is already out there. 

Best to focus on the fight for terminal patients right to treat themselves with Cannabis for now. 
Power to the people.
One Love ~

SMK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, and stories for Sweet Mary Kane here: