#SweetMaryKane Federal Criminal

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Denver, CO: WHACKED OUT WEED HEAD SHOOTS TWO


Any outlandish headline will do, after all. I cringe at the horrid headlines that could be used swirling around my head. There is a positive outcome yet to be discovered! I tell myself. Denver, Colorado. Civic Center Park. 4/20/2013. Shots fired.

Previously....

What a blessing of a day today. I am so ecstatic to rally with my brothers and sisters and revel in the joys we share and love we hold. Today is the day that we can all say we have worked hard, we have organized, we have spoken up, we have done a good job Bob Saget, and WE DESERVE A BREAK! We gather, and we meet and share. Stories, spliffs, our selves, our dreams and passions, more simply love.

I woke up early to a magnificent sun shining through the windows. Just in time for breakfast, which being that all I had to do was walk down the hall, and the inn keeper prepared me as much coffee and fresh fruit topped French toast as I could take, was marvelous itself.

I dressed myself comfortably and decided to bring Sweet Mary Kane herself out to play. Then off I went on my dearest arm (which, by the way, is my favorite spot to be) to the High Times Cannabis Cup. Superb time, of course, however, I just cannot pass up that 420, in the park, count down. It has long been my favorite moment, to be among so many of my brothers and sisters who share the same desire for Cannabis freedom as I. In that moment, I don't care if your opinions are strictly medical or recreational, your preferred structure of regulation, I don't care if you have a beer in your hand while you're shouting it. All I care is that you are standing with me shoulder to shoulder, and WE are standing up and crying out against this injustice together. All of us. Oh and bonus, by the way, while we're doing it lets share a doobie.



Civic Center Park 420 Rally 2013
Civic Center Park 420 Rally Denver, CO 2013

At the 420 Rally, for the most part, my closest friends cross my path. There is good music. The crowd is unbelievable. From behind the stage I scan the faces in the crowd trying to take in all in. The diversity across all platforms, sex, age, race, is incredible. I am well medicated. My gratitude and appreciation grows as I blaze. I am full, for lack of a better word to describe how overjoyed I am. I am love at loves greatest. I am.

Present time:

Back in my room I prepare to shower, nap, and get up for a night out. I am daydreaming about how wonderful my life with Mr. Kane is when the news that there has been a shooting reaches me. It feels as though I have only just left and my soul flinches.

I am heart broken. I am angry. I am outraged. I am sad. I am grateful. I am joyful. I am love. I call to all the media to react to this incident rather than over react. Do not misunderstand me. There is no intention to simply brush this incident under a rug or say that it is of no important. My sincerest wishes for the best care and a quick recovery go to the victims and witnesses. I pray that everyone minds be well taken care of, and all need are met be they psychological or physical. With that said (and having left the park just before the shots were actually fired) I also pray to see the media take their time in writing and let the investigation develop before pinning it on pot.

And to the shooter: I don't know you and I'm sorry you felt like you had to do what you did, but I am really really upset with you right now, and even though I love you and I hope you get the help you need I want you to get a long sentence. Jah knows our Cannabis POWs are getting longer than they deserve for victim-less crimes and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

2 comments:

Leave your questions, comments, and stories for Sweet Mary Kane here: