#SweetMaryKane Federal Criminal

Thursday, November 8, 2012

What Ails You Sweet Mary Kane? Part One


Recently I was asked what kind of medical problems I have on my Facebook page. This truly isn't a easy answer type of question. It's not yes or no, and it's certainly not a straightforward answer. I suppose I could give you the quick "my recommendation is written for" answer. Migraines, as they fall under chronic and debilitating medical condition. I was thirteen years old the first time I had a migraine. It was not a fun experience in the slightest. It came on in a snap, and while my entire dome felt as though my brain would swell to the point it would fracture my skull I had to run from my desk down the hall and into a stall to vomit. Fortunately for me there were two girls at the wash sink when I burst in. They got help while I convulsed helplessly vomiting and began to sob in pain. I was pretty much useless, and people around me got me to a doctor somehow. There was a lot of testing done before I was given the diagnosis of migraine headaches.

I began experiencing migraines frequently, sometimes multiple times a week. Each time I was incapacitated with light and motion sensitivity, as well as blinding pain encapsulating my head. Having a knack for experiencing any possible negative side effects of medication I had developed the notion that it was better for me to seek natural remedies than consume pharmaceuticals. As I aged and researched via the great wide web, I complied a list of triggers to my migraines. Avoiding these triggers significantly lessens the regularity of migraine headaches for me with the only side effect being a shift in life style.

This is an incomplete list of triggers for me: alcohol; prolonged hunger; lack of sleep; strong fragrances/chemicals; withholding caffeine; untreated anxiety attacks; and dehydration.

Regardless of knowing some (and hopefully most in reality) of my triggers I continued to experience migraine headaches. In college, I experimented with a couple new prescription samples given to me by the student health center. One was ineffective and the other actually made it worse! In fact, I was forewarned the migraine would worsen  for about fifteen minutes and then it would go away. Unfortunately, for me, it just got worse. The only solution, to this day, once I have a full blown migraine is to sleep it off. Bummer is getting to sleep isn't as easy as you would hope. The good news is the proper strain of Cannabis will help with that.

If I feel a regular headache has potential to go full blown, I take one or two Excedrin Migraine pills in an attempt to head it off. This seems effective so either it's a fantastic fit for me, or that regular headache was just that.

I first began using Cannabis with a Doctor's recommendation in March of 2011. Since then I have been admitted to the emergency room one time for a migraine that was out of control. With that said that particular migraine came on while I was trying to get some much needed sleep during my oldest sons emergency surgery for a badly ruptured appendix. It was a tremendously stressful time, and I was ignoring multiple risk factors in my anxious grief and worry. I also was not properly medicated due to spending almost all my hours in the hospital with him.

For the most part, I eat Cannabis. However, I also have a balm that I rub onto my skin and will smoke for nausea or instant relief.

Now that was the short answer. Whew! Since I am me, however, I'm not going to stop there. Side note: Blood testing for a set level and slapping someone with a DUI is utterly heinous. Check out the chemistry. Someone who never "got high" but used a Cannabis balm all over their legs each night to treat MS symptoms would fail this blood test. We shouldn't let patients be labeled criminals because the science is overlooked by the lawmakers.

Now that I have that off my chest let us get to the long answer. Depending on the area of the country you're in recommendations are allowed for a set list of conditions. My migraines have diminished significantly and having access to all the various methods of medicating and researching relentlessly I've discovered so many more exciting things that Cannabis helps me with. Unfortunately, the long answer would be way too long if I went into such depth on everything. Thus, here is a list of other ailments I treat with Cannabis, to be discussed in part two.

PMS, depression, arthritic pain thought to be caused my auto immune disorder Alopecia Universalis, Adult onset ADD, nausea, muscle spasms/aches, a whip lash injury, and spiritual connectivity. I'm likely forgetting something, but don't worry. I'll be back, wink.

1 comment:

  1. http://sweetmarykane.blogspot.com/2012/11/what-ails-you-sweet-mary-kane-part-two.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave your questions, comments, and stories for Sweet Mary Kane here: